Small Arms Course
The Small Arms Course combines Valor Ridge’s Pistolcraft I and Rifleman I into four straight days, providing you with the opportunity to train on both pistol and rifle in one session. Americans in record numbers are purchasing firearms for a variety of reasons, and getting training for them is a necessary step in protecting what you hold dear. You will experience two days of training with each weapon.
Course material will focus on:
--Proper rifle zero
--Professionally structured and "stepped" modules
--Shooting regimen for future development
--Use of cover
--Target discriminationTraining is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
- Pistol (Bring a spare pistol if you have one.)
- Magazine-fed rifle ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…) Bring a spare rifle also zeroed for 100 yards if you have one.
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- Pistol magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5, Single-stack mags=7)
- 3 rifle magazines
- 400 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- 400 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering. Soft holsters are not allowed in our courses.
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Disclaimer:As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers