Rifle Immersion (Neighborhood Defense)
Rifle Immersion (Neighborhood Defense) is Valor Ridge’s Rifleman I and Rifleman: Neighborhood Defense offered over four consecutive days. The focus is using team members to protect businesses, neighborhoods, and homes from violent and seditious individuals and groups of society.
The course will focus on:
--Proper rifle zero
--Professionally structured and "stepped" modules
--Shooting regimen for future development
--Use of cover
--Small unit movement
--Marksmanship at various ranges
--Vehicle deployment (bailouts)
--Hallway and room clearing techniques
--Rifle to pistol transitions
Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
- Magazine-fed rifle RELIABLY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…) with iron sights, optics recommended but optional. (Bring a spare rifle if you have one, also zeroed for 100 yards.)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- White light (attached to rifle)
- 700 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 3-6 rifle magazines
- 3 pistol magazines
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering.
- 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Rain gear
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Gun cleaning gear
- Pen and paper
- You will also need to bring a lunch
- Spotting scope or binoculars
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers