Rifle Immersion (Fire Team Tactics)
Rifle Immersion (Fire Team Tactics) is Valor Ridge’s Rifleman I and Rifleman: Fire Team Tactics offered over four consecutive days. Fire Team Tactics focuses on small unit movement, reaction to contact, lateral and forward/backward bounding, and fire and maneuver elements. We will teach you how to dominate your area of influence should the need arise to a level that is almost unfair--ALMOST! If you have a group of people close by who are close friends or training buddies, you need this class!
Course material during these four days is quite involved. Topics and drills include: properly zeroing your rifle, holdovers, compressed application of marksmanship, close quarters shooting, stoppage clearance, positional shooting, (conventional and improvised) proper use of/presentation of the rifle from the sling, multiple targets, small unit movement and patrolling skills, marksmanship at various ranges up to 400 meters, security procedures, team communication, equipment considerations, team tactics, close quarters battle, low-light shooting, team drills, and marksmanship.
We offer it proudly to all citizens who value the Republic of the United States of America, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
- Magazine-fed rifle RELIABLY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…) with iron sights, optics recommended but optional. (Bring a spare rifle if you have one, also zeroed for 100 yards.)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- White light (attached to rifle)
- 600 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 6 rifle magazines
- Rain gear
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Gun cleaning gear
- Pen and paper
- You will also need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers