Rifle Immersion (Midrange Rifle)
Rifle Immersion (Midrange Rifle) is Valor Ridge’s Rifleman I and Rifleman: Midrange Rifle offered over four consecutive days. This total package will prepare you to defend yourself, loved ones, and family at any distance with your rifle. You will have an appreciation, changed perspective, and healthy respect for your rifle after this experience. Take the opportunity to preserve the heritage of being an American Rifleman.
Course material during these four days is quite involved. Topics and drills include: accurate fire from the muzzle out to 600 meters, presenting the rifle from various positions, (traditional and improvised) manipulation of the rifle under stress, shooting on the move, team drills, marksmanship, properly zeroing your rifle, holdovers, compressed application of marksmanship, close quarters shooting, transitions to pistol, stoppage clearance, positional shooting, (conventional and improvised) proper use of/presentation of the rifle from the sling, moving targets, shooter/spotter relationship, multiple targets, wind estimation, and fire and maneuver elements. Additionally, you will shoot a qualification course that is the standard by which some of the finest riflemen in the world are measured.
This course is the result of decades of study, training, and experience. It is quite literally one of the most comprehensive rifle classes available equally to military, law enforcement, and citizens. We offer it proudly to all citizens who value the Republic of the United States of America, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
- Magazine-fed rifle RELIABLY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…) with iron sights, optics recommended but optional. (Bring a spare rifle also zeroed for 100 yards if you have one.)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- White light (attached to rifle)
- 1000 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 6 rifle magazines
- 3 pistol magazines
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering.
- 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Rain gear
- Ballistic eye protection. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Gun cleaning gear
- Pen and paper
- You will also need to bring a lunch
- Spotting scope or binoculars
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Disclaimer:As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers