Preserve and Defend
Rarely will you find a class that not only will teach you how to defend yourself and your family, but also keep them alive and healthy during a disaster. Preserve and Defend is Valor Ridge's Pistolcraft 1, Patriot Nurse's Medical Prep 101/201, and Valor Ridge's Rifleman 1 combined over 6 consecutive days of training to provide you with the most well-rounded approach to defense and health preservation possible in one convenient location. Individuals, couples, and families will benefit from this week of instruction and take home valuable medical knowledge along with self-defense skills with both the pistol and rifle. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Course Equipment Requirements:
- Magazine-fed rifle in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- 900 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 4 rifle magazines
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Pistol magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 800 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- Eye / ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train. If you cancel your training 60 days or more from your class date, you will forfeit 50% of your tuition . If you cancel sooner than 60 days from your class date, you forfeit 100% of your tuition. No transfers between classes or dates are permitted. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions. We fill up far in advance--in some cases over one year before classes are scheduled to be taught. In addition, you are filling a slot that could have gone to someone else. We cannot accommodate cancellations that cost other students spots in our classes. With the demand for our classes, we need to the keep the cancellations to a minimum.
Disclaimer: Valor Ridge does NOT recommend internal modifications to guns. Leave the internals of the gun the way they came from the factory. If you choose to modify your guns, you assume the liability of the weapon operating incorrectly. As such, you alone will be responsible in the event of catastrophic failure of the gun, including damage to the weapon and resulting property damage.