Preserve and Defend
Rarely will you find a class that not only will teach you how to defend yourself and your family, but also keep them alive and healthy during a disaster. Preserve and Defend is Valor Ridge's Pistolcraft 1, Patriot Nurse's Medical Prep 101/201, and Valor Ridge's Rifleman 1 combined over 6 consecutive days of training to provide you with the most well-rounded approach to defense and health preservation possible in one convenient location. Individuals, couples, and families will benefit from this week of instruction and take home valuable medical knowledge along with self-defense skills with both the pistol and rifle. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Course Equipment Requirements:
- Magazine-fed rifle in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- 900 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 4 rifle magazines
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Pistol magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 800 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- Eye / ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Disclaimer: Valor Ridge does NOT recommend internal modifications to guns. Leave the internals of the gun the way they came from the factory. If you choose to modify your guns, you assume the liability of the weapon operating incorrectly. As such, you alone will be responsible in the event of catastrophic failure of the gun, including damage to the weapon and resulting property damage.