Pistol Immersion: Home Defense
Pistol Immersion: Home Defense is Valor Ridge's Pistolcraft I and Pistolcraft: Home Defense classes combined over 4 consecutive days. With home invasions on the rise, having the skills and knowledge to protect your loved ones against violent criminals has become a critical reality. If you own a pistol and wish to maximize your effectiveness both inside and outside your home, then you need to take this class!
During the first two days you will be guided through proper marksmanship, draw and presentation of the pistol, mental aspects of fighting such as attitude and purpose, pistol manipulations with one and two hands, stoppage clearances, and shooting while moving.
During the final two days, you will learn: room and hallway clearing techniques, close quarters shooting techniques (CQB) precision marksmanship, low-light shooting, target discrimination, and how to effectively deal with home invasions with multiple attackers. The course also includes legal and law enforcement considerations.
Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Required equipment list:
- Pistol (Bring a spare pistol if you have one)
- Magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 700 rounds of factory ammunition
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering. Soft holsters are not allowed in our courses.
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers