Pistol Craft I
You have a responsibility to yourself, and to the people who care about you to return home every day and night. This class will thoroughly teach you how to defend yourself and loved ones with your pistol. The pistol is portable, concealable, and effective when marksmanship is applied quickly, accurately and decisively. The material in this class provides you with the necessities you will need in order to survive an attack on your body or your loved ones.
You will learn, analyze, and apply lessons that have been paid for in blood and written on the tombstones of others. This class will require you to confront your deficiencies, but it will also instill confidence that you can and will prevail when the time comes. The course material includes an extremely wide-range of techniques, drills, and skills. You will be guided through proper marksmanship, draw and presentation of the pistol, mental aspects of fighting such as attitude and purpose, pistol manipulations with one and two hands, stoppage clearances, and shooting while moving.
You will also experience several drills in which you will negotiate obstacles while shooting, fire from unconventional positions, shoot and hit targets at what many consider rifle distances, and shoot a confidence course designed to challenge both new and experienced shooters alike.
Brief classroom sessions will be interspersed throughout the course with lectures focused on martial attitude, gunfight analysis and tendencies, pre-assault signs and cues, marksmanship, and purpose. Beginners and experts alike will benefit from the depth of material this class offers. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Required equipment list:
- Pistol (Bring a spare pistol if you have one.)
- Magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 600 rounds of factory ammunition. Hand-loaded ammunition is not allowed at Valor Ridge.
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open for reholstering. Soft holsters are not allowed in class.
- Ballistic rated eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and notebook
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers