Preserve and Defend
Rarely will you find a class that not only will teach you how to defend yourself and your family, but also keep them alive and healthy during a disaster. Preserve and Defend is Valor Ridge's Pistolcraft 1, Patriot Nurse's Medical Prep 101/201, and Valor Ridge's Rifleman 1 combined over 6 consecutive days of training to provide you with the most well-rounded approach to defense and health preservation possible in one convenient location. Individuals, couples, and families will benefit from this week of instruction and take home valuable medical knowledge along with self-defense skills with both the pistol and rifle. Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Course Equipment Requirements:
- Magazine-fed rifle RELIABLY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended. (Bring a spare rifle if you have one, also zeroed for 100 yards.)
- 600 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 4 rifle magazines
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Pistol ( Bring a spare pistol if you have one.)
- Pistol magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 600 rounds of factory pistol ammunition
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering. Soft holsters are not allowed in our courses.
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Disclaimer:As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers