Pistol Immersion: Active Shooter
Pistol Immersion: Active Shooter is Valor Ridge's Pistolcraft I and Active Shooter classes combined over 4 consecutive days. If you carry a pistol or plan to do so, then this class is a must. The course addresses active/school shootings and gunshot trauma care, along with the basics on demand. This class is one of the most comprehensive courses available for the concealed carrying citizen.
You will learn, analyze, and apply lessons that have been paid for in blood and written on the tombstones of others. This class will require you to confront your deficiencies, but it will also instill confidence that you can and will prevail when the time comes. The course material includes an extremely wide-range of techniques, drills, and skills.
During the first two days you will be guided through proper marksmanship, draw and presentation of the pistol, mental aspects of fighting such as attitude and purpose, pistol manipulations with one and two hands, stoppage clearances, and shooting while moving.
During the final two days, you will learn: how to treat gunshot wounds, room-clearing techniques, force-on-force scenarios, tune-up marksmanship, low-light shooting, and target discrimination. You will also experience several drills in which you will negotiate obstacles while shooting, fire from unconventional positions, and shoot and hit targets at what many consider rifle distances.
Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Required equipment list:
- Pistol (Bring a spare pistol if you have one)
- Magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 1000 rounds of factory ammunition
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering. Soft holsters are not allowed in our courses.
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need an airsoft/paintball mask for the force on force portion of the class.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers